Student Records

FERPA — Student Records Access and Confidentiality

In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, the College does not permit the release of personally identifiable information in student records without the written consent of the student, except as specifically allowed by FERPA statute or regulation.

See full FERPA policy.

Change of Name, Address and Contact Information

When registering online each term, students are asked to confirm or update some personal information, including their mailing address and contact information.

Students receiving federal financial aid are legally required to give their name as registered with Social Security.

Students wishing to change their names must provide legal documentation showing the reason for the change, as well as a written version of the new name. Acceptable documents include marriage certificates, divorce papers, passports, social security cards, and other court-issued documents. Students should send the request in writing and include their student ID number and/or social security number if the ID number is not known. Once a student graduates, the record is closed; name changes are not possible unless the student is reapplying for a new degree. See full policy.


Students may request their official transcripts from the Registrar’s Office at any time. If students are using financial aid, transcripts are held until all funds have been received.

Official transcripts for graduating students are not released until after the degree conferral date, when their academic record has been cleared for graduation and their accounts are paid in full and cleared by the Bursar’s Office. Student transcripts are kept permanently.

See Request Transcripts from Cambridge College page for more details.

Verification of Degree or Enrollment

Cambridge College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide verifications. The Registrar’s Office does not provide verifications over the phone. If you are an employer or background screener, you may contact the National Student Clearinghouse’s DegreeVerify service by web or by mail.


Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Educator Licensure/Certification Verification

State program verification forms are processed by the Office of the Dean of the School of Education & Counseling. Forms cannot be completed until the graduating student’s conferral date.